Photos Along The Way… managed to post every single day during the month of August. This is an accomplishment not realized since this blog began in 2007. Consistent and relevant posts are the cornerstone to building readership.
I have blogged for a long time under the pen of 3 different blogs and have never managed more than meager readership. Photos Along the Way… is starting to build a consistent readership, which is encouraging. I am also trying to share more with each post and add keyword rich content to try to build readership through SEO (search engine optimization). Still through all that, most readers land here via Facebook, and thus are friends. However, since adding some richer content I am seeing more readers land from WordPress tag searches and search engines.
Welcome to the next generation of the blog. I’ll be trying a few new things so it could get interesting!
- Why Readership Is more Important than Search Engine Ranking? (shoutmeloud.com)
- Writing Good Copy: Let Keywords Be Your Guide (searchenginejournal.com)
- Top 5 Inbound Marketing Articles to Start the Week: Online Brand Management (hubspot.com)
- The Most Powerful SEO Tactics of all Time (shoutmeloud.com)
- Ten starter tips for blogging success (econsultancy.com)
- Start a Photoblog with Photoland for WordPress (wpjedi.com)