Shot in the front yard last weekend here is a Common Buckeye Butterfly (Junonia coenia). There were easily hundreds of these butterflies on our bushes last weekend along with huge bumblebees. Of course this was the weekend my wife decided to weed this particular flowerbed so to have that many bees around was interesting to say the least.
Shot was taken with spot focusing on the butterfly, ISO 400, F/5.6, 1/2000 sec exposure, 200MM focal length (Quantaray 200MM zoom). I played with the tonal balance and added some sharpening in post processing. Not the best shot I have taken, but I like it nonetheless.
Get out and do something this weekend, Monday will come soon enough.
- Provencal Short-tailed Blue – l’Azuré de la faucille (daysontheclaise.blogspot.com)
- Facts about the Buckeye Tree (brighthub.com)
- Projects ” How-To’s ” Glittering Butterfly Party Mask (cutoutandkeep.net)
- butterfly effect. (geteconow.com)
- Butterflies Are Free and……Changing! (poetesswug-thewugsbackyardblogspot.blogspot.com)