Photo taken in Fells Point, Baltimore, MD back in February 2010. You can’t tell but Maryland had just survived back to back blizzards, and this afternoon was in a lot of ways my first trip “out” in a few weekends. The occasion was the Baltimore Photo Collective February Photo Walk, and it was a great afternoon to have a camera.
I like this photo for a few reasons. First I love to photograph brick against sky. I like the way the red/orange looks against a soft blue background. And second I love the shadow caused by the late afternoon sun. I also like the “old” look to the Rukert painted billboard. I am unsure if this is truly a historic sign, or a modern rendition of an old style of advertising. A Google search lists Rukert as a Baltimore based self storage corporation. If anyone knows, please let me know so that I can update my post.
- R&B singer Mario charged with assaulting his mother (ctv.ca)
- Is Baltimore That Bad? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Public, private plans rebuild states (politico.com)
- Weeklong Zappa fete to include concert by Dweezil (ctv.ca)
- Philly principal is Baltimore resident, politico (philly.com)
- R&B singer Mario charged with assaulting mother (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- NFL Week 5: Steele Ranking System Has Baltimore at No. 1 After Pittsburgh Win (bleacherreport.com)
- The Unnatural Demise (and Possible Revival) of the Baltimore Streetcar (streetsblog.net)