Home » Fells Point
Category Archives: Fells Point
My apologies for the extended hiatus. Sports have started and my evening schedule has been a bit chaotic lately. I am going to try to schedule posts ahead of time so we don’t have a lag in posting. One thing is for sure, the schedule isn’t going to lighten any time soon.
I am currently sitting at the car dealership getting some service done to my truck. Thanks to Apple Ford for free Wi-Fi. I spent the past hour browsing through Flickr and practicing a drill posted on the Digital Photography School’s blog earlier in the week. It’s called the Exif drill down. I tested my ability to predict ISO, Shutter Speed, and Aperture on about 20 images. After nailing the first image down to 1 stop on the Aperture I quickly settled into a pattern of missing a critical setting on just about every image. It was a good drill that I started to improve on, and will definitely start to make this a regular practice drill.
So, what do you think the F, Shutter, and ISO settings are for this shot? I’ll post the answers in the photo caption Sunday evening.
- This Week in the Digital Photography School Forums (6-12 Mar ’11) (digital-photography-school.com)
- Focus on Light and Exposure in Digital Photography [Book Review] (digital-photography-school.com)
- Waterfall Digital Photography (digital-photography-school.com)
So here we are with the first Cloud Photo Friday of 2011. This shot was taken last winter in Fells Point. Enjoy your weekend, and load film in your camera this weekend.
- Travel Photo Tips: What is ISO, and how does it affect my pictures? (gadling.com)
- Why Your Website Stinks (e1evation.com)
- Put a Ring On It! (weddingbee.com)
Another shot from my February BPC Photowalk in Fells Point, Baltimore MD. This is a window in the old Baltimore City Police Headquarters. The building was more famously used to film the TV show Homicide:Life on the Street a decade or so ago. You drive through Baltimore, and many other Industrial driven cities for that matter, and there is decay everywhere, well thought out architecture laying in ruin. Slowly Baltimore is piecing back together the city that was once known “charm city”. They have a long way to go. This building sits in the epicenter of Fells Point, a popular destination for the partying faithful from Baltimore and its suburbs. It should be used for something.
- Urban Decay Pioneers QR Code Technology at Sephora (stylelist.com)
- Terrifying Fells Point Festival Puppet Show Is Terrifying (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Cities in Flux: From D.C. to Baltimore (thecityfix.com)
- Is Baltimore That Bad? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Detroit 187 and Homicide: Life on the Street (janawillworkforbooks.blogspot.com)
- In the Life of ‘The Wire’ (nybooks.com)
- Terrifying scientific discovery: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter… (projectworldawareness.com)